Wärtsilä has 10 city bikes which are free to use for any employee.
Reservation of the bicycles is done through web application app.vapaus.io. Don’t use the bikes without reservation!
You can create your own username and password at app.vapaus.io. Remember to use your work email address! The same website works with a computer or a mobile device. Tip: Save the address on your mobile desktop!
The service is entirely carbon negative.
A few important issues:
– Cycle as much as you can!
– Remember to return the bicycle on time
– You can reserve the bicycle for maximum of 4 hours
– You can reserve the bicycle 2 hours before use, not earlier
– If you notice a problem with the bicycle, report it through the app or via email or telephone
– The bicycles can be parked near the main entrances of 1) the Salmisaari HQ, 2) Helsinki Central railway station and 3) Ruoholahti metro station.
– Use a helmet! You can borrow one from the reception.
How to use the app:
– Use the username and password you created during registration
– Select “Yhteiskäyttöpyörät”
– Choose the desired start and ending time
– Click “varaa nyt” and confirm by clicking “vahvista varaus” if the information is correct. You can also check the location of the bicycle.
– The bicycle is now reserved for you. You will receive a confirmation via email and the code required to unlock the bike is presented on the screen.
– The bicycles are locked with a combination lock, similar to those found on standard suitcases. When the right code is set, the lock opens by pressing the button on the side of the lock cylinder. Remember to lock the bicycle by scrambling the code digits – as you would with a suitcase lock!
– Remember to return the bicycle on time!
– If you face any problems, call +358 50 306 7000